December 11, 2012
Karma2 Updates: Getting Close
Time to get excited!While our blog and Twitter feed might have been quiet over the past few months, we can assure you our development team has been anything but. We’ve been hard at work on karma2 over the past and are getting very close to its completion. We’re all excited about where it’s going, and can’t wait to unveil all the wonderful new features your business will benefit from! What we need now is your feedback and input to ensure we got it all right. We’re all familiar with that highly anticipated version 2 launch that changes everything you love and ruins your experience. We’re determined to avoid that with karma2.
- Same Ol’, Same Ol’. We’ve kept the interface you know and love. We’re adding new features without losing the ones you’re already using.
- Keeping karma1 online. Making full-scale system transitions can be a major pain point for businesses. That’s why we’ll be keeping karma1 online for a while after the official launch in Q1 2013. That way, if we got something wrong, we can fix it while you keep your account on karma1. Crisis averted!
- We’re listening intently! We need your help to ensure we got everything right. Please take some time to explore karma2 (use login firstname.lastname@example.org and password nonadmin) and verify that the features you love are still present and working properly.
What’s new to karma2?
Task and Event ParticipantsYou can now add multiple users, contacts, companies, and so on to tasks and events. If you add multiple users, each will receive notification reminders via email.
Completely Revised Task SystemWe aim for simplicity. But sometimes that can go too far. Our old task system was too simple for many of our customers’ needs, so we decided to give it a lot more power. If you want to keep using tasks as you did before, no big deal, but we’ve added task lists, additional filters, and sorting to beef up your project management.
Customizable Slideout Side MenuWe’ve revised the “See More” menu so now it slides out from the right and will take full advantage of modern wider screen monitors. You can customize the widgets so you always see what’s important to you, no matter where you are in the system. This is what it looks like once it’s expanded (to customize, click “Settings”):
File FoldersThe files section can now have folders so you can better organize the files you’ve uploaded.
Much, Much MoreThese are just some of the features we’ve added but we’ll save the exhaustive list for our official press release. We very much appreciate all of your support and patience to get us here, and are very excited for karma2 in 2013.
What’s still under developmentAside from a lot of general polish and backporting of minor features from karma1, here are a few things our team is still burning the midnight oil on:
- Sending Email – The ability to send email from within karma2 isn’t there yet, but should be added in December along with email templates.
- Reporting – We’re putting the finishing touches on the reporting in karma2 and that should also be present soon. We’re making every report exportable and adding more customization to many of the reports.
- Task Templates – Create standard task templates to save time with repeated/similar tasks.