March 13, 2017
10 Mindfulness Resources for Small Businesses
BY Caitlin Delohery IN Mindfulness 0 Comment
So you know what mindfulness is and you’re intrigued. You may even have a good handle on how to get started in your workplace. But you’re still looking for a little bit more. Here’s a list of resources to help you introduce mindfulness to your team.
There is an app for that.
Because of course there is. One article claims that there are over 700 apps for mindfulness, but who has time to sift through all that? Here are eight of the best to get you started.
- Calm: With a picturesque interface, Calm lives up to its name as soon as you open it. Using this intensive program, you’ll be your company’s mindfulness guru in no time.
- Headspace: Like Calm, Headspace offers a complete mindfulness course. Once you’ve completed the basics, you can move onto more advanced tracks, such as Creativity and Focus.
- Buddhify: With Buddhify, you’ll pick your mindfulness exercises based on your location or other activities. For example, check out Work Break meditations during lunch or Difficult Emotions exercises after that contentious meeting.
- The Mindfulness Training App: The Mindfulness Training App gives your practice a jump start with some of the biggest names in mindfulness, including Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, Dr. Andrew Weil, and Pema Chödrön.
- Stop, Breathe, & Think: Looking for as little start-up energy as possible? With Stop, Breathe, & Think, you can get started with mindfulness in just five minutes each day.
Get found in a book.
Because sometimes you just want to get your head out of a screen. We love books, and here are 10 that will enhance your mindfulness practice.
- Mindfulness for Dummies: Self-explanatory
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: A classic on living in the moment
- The Mindful Workplace by Michael Chaskalson: A practical guide that includes an 8-week course on bringing mindfulness to your business
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington: A cautionary tale and a guide for slowing down
- Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman: A bestseller focusing especially on mindfulness techniques to manage digital distraction
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh: An intro guide from a Zen master
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn: The best-selling book by one of the world’s top mindfulness experts
- A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled by Ruby Wax: For those who like their mindfulness with a side of humor
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook by Bob Stahl and Elisha Goldstein: A guide to bringing mindfulness to everyday activities
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace) by Chade Meng-Tan: From the architect of Google’s touted mindfulness program
Looking for more examples of how to work a mindfulness program into your business? Check out these examples of mindfulness programs in Fortune 500 companies.